We create explanations for situations and things we can’t explain. The term “myth” implies something is untrue. A “fact” is backed by examples, research data, or science. If it’s on Facebook, you know it’s true (not).
We have scorpion facts and myths to understand and/or justify our fears.
6 SCORPION FACTS AND MYTHS
- Scorpions can go 1 year without food. They can also live underwater for 2 days. This may be proof scorpions and crocodiles – another scary creature – are related. Crocodiles can go 3 years without food. They just choose not to.
- Scorpions prefer warm weather. So we have more scorpion activity in Maricopa County spring through fall. Here’s another fact: Because we live in Arizona, we have scorpions everywhere. Inside homes and shoes; outside in yards and on building exteriors.
- Scorpions will live forever because they already have. Scorpions were here before dinosaurs.
- The most dangerous scorpions live in Arizona. Bark scorpions can cause fatal injuries to small people and pets.
- There are 1,500 species of scorpions. But scientists suspect there could be 1,000 more.
- You can freeze a scorpion and it won’t die. Scientists keep trying, too. They can live as long as 25 more years after being thawed.
- Scorpion stings leave a mark. Even medical professionals sometimes can’t tell where the injury occurred.
- Scorpions bite. They don’t have teeth. They have pinchers and a stinger.
- Scorpions will aggressively pursue humans. Scorpions will avoid humans. They never attack people; they usually fall on you or hide in a pile of laundry. When you react; they sting.
- They’re more afraid of you than you are of them. That’s not true. Scorpions are fearless.
- You will die from a scorpion sting. No, you won’t, unless it’s a bark scorpion. Even then, it’s rare. But bark scorpions are extremely dangerous to chronically ill people, babies, pets, and elderly.
- Scorpions can climb any surface. Not anymore. Today, “people who live in glass houses” don’t have scorpions.
- Budget Brothers Scorpion Repel is a permanent solution for their friends and neighbors (like you).
- It is applied to buildings and homes, but if you have a block/brick wall surrounding your property, it can be applied there.
- Budget Brothers Scorpion Repel has an invisible, glass-like finish. You won’t know it’s there, but scorpions will.
- Budget Brothers Scorpion Repel is eco-safe and non-toxic. It won’t harm people or pets.
- Budget Brothers Scorpion Repel is the only 100% effective way to prevent scorpions.
ONE IMPORTANT TRUTH ABOUT SCORPION PROBLEMS IN PHOENIX AND SURROUNDING COMMUNITIES
Here’s a proven fact about scorpions: Budget Brothers Termite & Pest Elimination has the only treatment that prevents scorpions. Forever. It’s so new, we can’t swear that “forever” is a fact just yet. So we put our guarantee at 5 years. We’re positive it will last much, much longer.
Some scorpion notions are funny and some are scary. But some are factual. Budget Brothers Scorpion Repel’s effectiveness is a fact.
Let us know if you have any questions about scorpion facts and myths. Contact Budget Brothers Termite & Pest Elimination for no-hassle, over-the-phone quotes about scorpion removal and prevention for your Arizona home.