Bed bugs aren’t known to spread disease. Maybe the biggest obstacle we face when treating a bed bug infestation is embarrassment.
Here’s what you need to know: Bed bugs do not discriminate. They don’t care who you are, where you live, or the car you drive. They simply want to eat and breed.
Your pets can bring bed bugs into the house; you or your family can bring them home on your shoes. You should never let shame prevent you from immediately dealing with a bed bug infestation in your Maricopa County house.
We receive many bed bug treatment FAQs (frequently asked questions). Some of them can help you understand that bed bugs are an annoyance; not a humiliation.
Bed Bug Treatment FAQs
Q: Can I DIY (do-it-yourself) treat my home for bed bugs?
A: We never advise DIY bed bug elimination, because it seldom works. To prepare for bed bug treatment.
- Clean all living spaces and items in your living areas.
- Clean draperies.
- Get rid of cardboard storage boxes.
- Look for bed bug “evidence” throughout the house.
- Move all furniture away from walls.
- Remove clothing from floors.
- Toss magazines and newspapers.
- Vacuum several times and empty the bag after each use.
- Wash/dry all bedding at the highest possible settings.
We use high heat to eliminate bed bugs and will help you identify the best treatment plan when you call us. Your best option is to call Budget Brothers Termite & Pest Elimination to get rid of bed bugs once and for all.
Q: How big are bed bugs?
A: They can be very small (3/16“) but can grow to about the size of Lincoln’s head on a penny.
Q: How much does a bed bug treatment cost?
A: It depends on your area of the country. Every year, the “top cities for bed bugs” list is released. Every year, Phoenix and Tucson make that list. Treatments are higher in bed-bud-prone areas. Nationally, bed bug treatments for 2021 are $1-$3/sq.ft.
Q: What pesticides do you use to eliminate bed bugs and are they dangerous?
A: We don’t use pesticides for bed bugs unless there is a reason to do so. Bed bugs are very adaptive and can become chemical-resistant. We use a safe, effective high-heat bed bug treatment that works in one room or an entire house. If the infestation justifies it, we may use additional materials with a high-heat treatment. (We avoid that if possible.)
Q: Where is a bed bug heat elimination used?
A: Any commercial business property or home can benefit from our heat treatment for bed bugs.
- A one-time application kills bed bugs at every stage; eggs to adults.
- It’s 100% eco-friendly.
- No follow-up treatments/visits should be necessary.
How Does Heat Eradication for Bed Bugs Work?
Heat treatment for bed bugs is recommended by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) and EPA (Environmental Protection Agency). It’s the most effective, environmentally safe bed bug elimination method.
- We use heaters and fans to distribute heat where needed.
- We monitor the temperature(s).
- At 115°, bed bugs at all stages are destroyed.
- Once temperatures reach 130°, we’ll continue the treatment 3-4 hours.
The Budget Brothers bed bug high-heat treatment also kills other airborne allergens, bacteria, mold spores, and viruses. We’re eager to share our knowledge because it’s based on training and experience. Please contact us if you have any questions unanswered by our bed bug treatment FAQs.