Knowing where to look for termites in your home is beneficial. If you find them, what should you do? How much does termite treatment cost? Here’s the most unpopular answer, but it’s honest: It depends.
Termite treatment is seldom about termite elimination and pest control. It usually includes damage repair and rebuild expenses too.
Termite Treatment Cost: The Basics
Most of the termites we find in Arizona are subterranean termites. This variety of pest can cause a lot of structural damage. Assuming your pest elimination professional is licensed, you’ll want a written estimate from your local termite and pest control company.
The cost for a termite treatment alone can be anywhere from $358-$2,500 and averages at $525. The basic process includes:
- Determine the degree of infestation and take steps necessary to eliminate termites
- Project for reconstruction and damage repair to residence
- When repairs are complete, a maintenance program to eliminate future termite infestations
The True Cost of Termite Damage
Without knowing the extent of damage, homewyse says a Phoenix-area homeowner can expect to pay an additional $254-$619 for basic labor to repair damage sites. That does not cover the cost of materials and supplies. Other costs for termite damage recovery include:
- General contractor (Add 13%-22% to the total cost.)
- Hazardous materials’ testing and removal
- Local construction permits/inspection fees
- Removing/repairing existing framework, surfacing, HVAC, electrical, and plumbing systems
- Sales tax on materials/supplies
Damage Control is Expensive; Pest Control is Key
Homeowners insurance doesn’t normally cover termite damage or removal. That’s because termite infestations can typically be
prevented through routine home maintenance, which homeowners are responsible for. –esurance
Termites are a major threat to your home. They cause more than $5 billion in property damages every year. Pestworld says, “Termites can eat a home out from under its owners, usually without them even knowing…”
The National Pest Management Association (NPMA) recommends:
- Divert water away from your home.
- Maintain an 18″ gap between soil and any wood on your home.
- Regularly inspect your foundation. Look for mud tubes and check wood by tapping. Listen for any hollow sounds.
- Remedy/repair any moisture-prone areas, including leaky faucets or pipes.
- Store firewood 20′ or more from the house.
The most important tip from NPMA is:
- Schedule an annual termite inspection by a licensed pest control professional. Termites cannot be controlled with DIY (do-it-yourself) measures.
Arrange recurring pest control services (quarterly, bi-monthly, monthly) for your residential or commercial property. It’s simply “due diligence” in property maintenance. A pest prevention service contract doesn’t cost nearly as much as the damages you may see from a termite infestation.
Termite Treatment with Free Reinspection
You’ve managed your termite problem and the resulting damage to your home quickly. That’s as it should be.
Hopefully, you scheduled a maintenance program to prevent future infestations. If not, you should still have a valid warranty for your termite elimination for at least one year. A reputable pest elimination company will offer a free reinspection and you can choose to renew that warranty next year.
The Best Termite Treatment Cost and Prevention for Maricopa County
The expense of a termite infestation including structural repairs can be daunting. What’s priceless is a solid warranty against future infestations. Even more valuable is a regularly scheduled pest control program.
Budget Brothers Termite & Pest Elimination has the best treatment cost for the Phoenix area starting at $358. It includes the best 1-year warranty you’ll find. We’ll beat any written quote by 10%.
We serve every city and neighborhood in Maricopa County. With more than 25 years of quality pest control experience, you can trust we know pest control. We understand this area’s termite species and how they respond to treatments.