There have been many landmark innovations in pest control. But two of them involve termite pest control and scorpion elimination. Studies from the USDA-Forest Service indicate Altriset® provided more than 9 years’ protection against termites in challenging areas (including Arizona). It’s considered by many to be the best termite pest control available.
How Altriset Termite Pest Control Works
Altriset is made using compound ingredients from the Ryania speciosa plant of South America. Termites unknowingly walk through Altriset-treated areas and carry the insecticide to the colony.
Altriset can be applied around:
- Chimney bases
- Interior/exterior walls
…and anywhere your local pest control professional identifies as a termite infestation site. Altriset is not toxic to humans or animals.
Termite Pest Control Annual Inspections
If you put a foot-long 2×4 board into a termite colony, it would be destroyed within six months. That’s how fast termites can damage your residence or commercial property.
Even if your house is brick or has vinyl siding, if you live in Arizona, your property is vulnerable to termites. And they work fast.
Pestworld.org says if you don’t have an annual termite inspection, you should avoid “rocking out at home.” Termites chew much faster when listening to rock music. They enjoy the rhythmic vibrations reverberating through the house.
Termite Awareness Week is every March, which marks the approximate kick-off time for termite swarming. Termites come out at dusk between April and June. March and April are great times for termite inspection, but any time is a good time.
Because we live in or near Maricopa County, an annual termite pest control inspection is simply a fact of property ownership. Of annual termite inspections, Reddit.com says, “If you’re in an area that does have a lot of termite activity (and we are)…it’s certainly worth every penny.” Most homeowners’ insurance policies won’t cover termite damage.
Termite Pest Control Companies: What to Avoid
Also on Reddit.com, several people posted about some chain-extermination companies being “scammy.” It’s bad for the industry, but it’s true: Some pest control companies are less than honest.
Here are some things to avoid when choosing a local pest control company:
- If the pest control person says they use “a secret formula,” they’re lying. Insecticides must be labeled in the U.S. Beware if the company says you can save money because they’ll use leftover materials. That’s another red flag.
- Pricing is based upon per-gallon of insecticide.
- Someone appears at your door and tells you your neighbors have termites and you should probably have an inspection and termite treatment as soon as possible.
- Termite pest control companies don’t usually “work for the government,” and if they did they wouldn’t be soliciting your business door-to-door or by phone.
- The company offers “package” services with pest control. (Pest control professionals aren’t tree-trimmers.)
- There’s no website or published phone number.
- They can’t produce identification, licensing, or credentials.
- You’re offered a better price if you have the service today.
Contact Budget Brothers Termite & Pest Elimination
The other recent innovation in pest control is the development of Budget Brothers Scorpion Repel®. It’s the first product that prevents scorpions from entering your home or commercial property. Guaranteed.
Budget Brothers professionals use Altriset for termite pest control. We use Budget Brothers Scorpion Repel for scorpion prevention. We take pride in using these products, so why would it be a secret? We offer warranted service because we trust our products and our quality of work.
Let’s schedule your annual termite pest control inspection for the 2021 termite season and beyond. Submit a termite inspection Order Form or contact Budget Brothers Termite & Pest Elimination to learn more.
For fast, affordable, and effective service, contact us or call Budget Brothers today at 602-253-2495