Rodents are, unfortunately, a common household pest. Even those who do their best to keep their homes clean can discover a rodent in their pantry or scurrying across the kitchen floor.
The worst-case scenario is an out-of-control infestation, but even mild rodent issues can negatively impact property and individuals. What’s more, these mild problems can quickly become full-blown rodent infestations.
In this guide, you’ll learn the signs of a rat infestation and how to choose the best rodent control experts in Phoenix, AZ.
Can You Handle a Rodent Infestation on Your Own?
The short answer? Probably not. Here’s why.
Upon finding house mice or rats on their property, most people’s first thought is to go to the store for traps or poison. The thing is, rodents are hardy, agile pests. They breed quickly, and they’re great at hiding. Even if you manage to capture one, there are likely more. And, if you have children or pets, these DIY rodent control methods like rodent trapping and snap traps may even be dangerous.
Taking care of a rodent control problem right away and ensuring there aren’t any left behind is crucial. Rodents are destructive and can transmit various diseases like lyme disease. Commercial properties especially can be breeding grounds for health-related rodent problems.
The best solution for eliminating a rodent issue quickly and completely (ensuring the health and safety of you and your family) is to call rodent control professionals for effective integrated pest management.
How Do You Know if You Have a Rodent Infestation?
Finding a mouse or rat in your home is one of the most obvious signs of a rodent issue. If there’s one, there are probably more hiding elsewhere. However, you may come across a few other telltale indicators first:
- Teeth marks: Rodents will chew on almost anything, including cardboard, wood, and your home’s insulation. They also won’t hesitate to gnaw on electrical wires. Along with teeth marks, they’ll also often leave behind messes. In some cases, you’ll notice these marks on your roof indicating roof rats.
- Rub marks: Due to their oily fur, rodents can leave dirt or grease streaks along your floorboards or baseboards.
- Droppings: Rat droppings (feces) are another one of the most common signs of their presence. These droppings look like dark grains of rice, which you may find in your kitchen cabinets, drawers, garage, or attic.
- Nests: Once they infiltrate your home, rats and mice will build nests. Generally, they’ll establish residence in dark, secluded areas. Mice, in particular, will use shreds of paper, insulation, and fabrics in their nests.
- Unusual pet behavior: Often, pets will detect the presence of rodents before people do. A sudden interest in your baseboards or scratching at the walls can alert you to a potential issue.
- Strange noises: You may hear skittering in your walls or attic at night as rodents wake up and search for food. Whether your house is infested with deer mice, a pack rat, or other rodents – the strange noises you hear will be the same.
- Increased allergies: Rodent fur can aggravate allergies. A sudden increase in symptoms for no apparent reason may indicate their presence, especially if you’ve noticed some of the above signs.
Qualities of a Top Rodent Control Team
When it comes to pest control services, not just anyone will do. You want the best of the best. Here are four essential qualities of a top Phoenix, AZ rodent control team:
While professional rodent removal will ensure the complete removal of your rat or mouse problem, you don’t have time to wait. The longer rodents remain in your home, the more damage they can do.
Pest control experts like Budget Brothers care about you and your family. Our excellent customer service representatives are available Monday through Saturday, starting as early as 6 a.m. until 6 p.m. We’ll be there on time, with great customer service, and ready to take care of your rodent infestation.
Taking too much time to find rodents and rid them from your home gives the unwanted pests time to scurry off and find a new hiding place. Good pest prevention experts like Budget Brothers are efficient, and we waste no time finding and eliminating your rodent issue.
The best pest control professionals are also thorough. The last thing you want after pest removal is to discover you still have pests. Budget Brothers will take the time to launch proper rodent exclusion – ensuring that we have rid your home of rodents the first time, allowing you to reclaim your home. We’re passionate about ensuring you’re 100% satisfied with our great service. If you aren’t, we’ll make it right.
Experience removing rodents (and other types of pests) is a must. Budget Brothers have served the residents and businesses of Phoenix, AZ and the surrounding areas for over 25 years and have decades of collective experience under our belts. All of our skilled technicians have undergone extensive training, too. We’ll evaluate your home and determine the best course of action. After eliminating the infestation, we’ll provide recommendations to prevent rodents from returning.
Best Rodent Control Company in Phoenix, AZ
Do you suspect mice or rats have invaded your Phoenix, AZ home? Contact Budget Brothers online or call us at 602-253-2495 today.