Termites are a fact of life for Arizona property owners. That’s exactly why termite companies are abundant here. Unfortunately, pest control companies come and go. When they “go,” they may take your trust – and your investment in their Phoenix termite warranty – with them.
A 10-Year Phoenix Termite Warranty Should Be Valid…Ten Years
The headline read “Valley Residents Complain of Worthless Warranty.” Homeowners paid almost a thousand dollars apiece for a 10-year termite warranty effective through 2025.
In 2018, customers received a letter from a company that said it bought out the termite extermination company. The letter included an invoice for $125 to renew the 10-year termite protection. Property owners wondered why they needed to “renew” a valid 10-year contract after only three years’ coverage.
When one homeowner called, the company representative told her they purchased the company’s assets, not their liabilities. Liabilities?
Why You Need a Termite Warranty
If you’re buying a house with a termite warranty, be sure to examine the warranty and the company with which it’s valid before you buy. You don’t want a worthless warranty.
Prevention is the main reason you need a termite warranty. Unknown structural damage can occur before you discover termites. Your warranty guarantees you’ll get a thorough termite inspection before extensive damage occurs.
What To Look For in a Termite Warranty
No termite treatment is permanent. Most pest management solutions are never permanent. If any extermination company says otherwise, walk away. (The exception is Budget Brothers Scorpion Repel. This one-time treatment can rid your home of scorpions forever!)
If you live in Florida or Arizona’s Valley, you need a Phoenix termite warranty. Phoenix is among the top 10 cities for termite infestations. If you are seeking coverage or buying a house with a termite warranty
Here’s what you need to ask when seeking a Phoenix termite warranty:
- Are estimates submitted in writing or email?
- Are independent internet testimonials (not just company website or paid advertising) good?
- Are the termite professionals willing to explore more than one solution?
- Can technicians knowledgeably explain pesticide ingredients, safety, and environmental impact?
- Do technicians have current licenses?
- Do the company have any formal complaints or legal actions against them that are customer service-related?
- Do they use industry-best practices?
- Does the company offer guarantees?
- Has the company invested in continuing education for technicians?
- How many years have they been in business?
- Is a long-term contract mandatory for service?
- Is on-the-job training provided?
- Is the company insured to protect its employees as well as your property?
- What is their BBB rating?
- What is their registration number/license with Arizona’s regulatory office?
- What preparations do are required before service?
Make note of:
- Company contact information
- Date/time of every treatment/type (spray, gel, powder)
- Employee names
- Health risks to family/pets
- Pest elimination products and their EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) registration
A Phoenix Termite Warranty Is as Good as the Company That Writes It
It just makes sense for a pest solutions business to deliver the best customer service as well as the most effective pest control management. That’s how we stay in business. Budget Brothers Termite & Pest Elimination has been in business for over 20 years. That means we’re invested in Maricopa County and surrounding communities.
You can trust us to care about your family and your property. For more information, contact Budget Brothers Termite & Pest Elimination.