If you’re a DIY (do-it-yourself) homeowner, as our southern neighbors say, “Bless your heart.” It’s truly a good way to save money and to better understand the pulse of your property.
Celebrate your successes, but know there are several services you simply shouldn’t DIY. For example, leave electrical wiring jobs to your licensed electrician.
There are many reasons not to DIY pest control. It’s too risky for family members, especially the elderly, youngsters, and pets. We know this because we’ve met too many families in distress. They didn’t call us until after they sprayed for bugs and the dog got violently sick or the parakeet died.
Here are other reasons not to DIY pest control. You might:
- Damage the environment
- Mis-handle the chemicals and risk skin irritation and/or get sick
- Over-estimate the amount of bug spray
- Spend more money than with Valley-area professional bug spray services
- Under-estimate the number of bugs
- Use the wrong type of bug spray
How To Choose the Right Bug Spray Services for Your Home
The most important thing you can do yourself (and no one can do it for you) is: Prevent pest infestations through good home maintenance and regular, professional bug spray services.
When researching local bug spray services, here are 10 things to consider:
1. Appearance – When employees take pride in their company and their quality of work, it shows. If the pest control representative drives a beater-van, that’s one red flag. If the driver gets out wearing raggy jeans, a torn heavy metal concert shirt circa 1990, and tosses a cigarette butt into your yard, don’t answer the door.
2. Business websites – The information should be current and relevant. If they have a blog, that’s an indication this company is an expert in pest control services.
Pest control websites should have this easy-to-find information:
- How many years in business
- Types of pest control
3. Facebook – “Word of mouth advertising” is important, but you’re more likely to find references on Facebook.
4. Fair quote – If you receive a lower quote in writing, will the company match it? Most won’t. That’s a sign the termite company offers fair pricing.
5. Free inspection – Your pest problem is singular and your pest control solution needs to be customized. Flat fees that don’t change and upfront deposits before you receive a quote are red flags.
6. License – Only consider Arizona Dept. of Agriculture licensed bug spray services with a PMD (Pest Management Division) license.
7. Local longevity – It takes good management and even better customer service to stay in business during economic instability. Having more than 20 years’ experience means a lot. More importantly, the right bug spray services company is invested in your community and invested in you.
9. Phone call – How your questions are handled over the phone is a good indicator that your customer service experience will be good (or not). Bug spray services that demonstrate attitude on the phone are not going to manage your pest problem effectively.
10. Termite bond – If you’re buying or selling property, a termite bond can only be issued by Arizona licensed pest control professionals.
25 Years of Expert Pest Management Services
Budget Brothers Termite & Pest Elimination has unrivaled expertise in Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Valley-area communities.
- We’ve been recognized with Angie’s Super Service Award.
- We offer the best warranty in the pest control industry.
And what you’ve heard is true: Budget Brothers has the scorpion treatment that prevents scorpions from entering your home. (We believe…forever!)
Before you DIY, contact us for information about bug spray services in your neighborhood. We’ll share what we know and we’re eager to help.