If you want to avoid scorpions in Arizona, the most tried-and-true method is to relocate. Where to relocate is up for grabs.
National Geographic says of scorpions, “They are commonly thought of as desert dwellers, but they also live in Brazilian forests, British Columbia, North Carolina, and even the Himalayas. These hardy, adaptable arthropods have been around for hundreds of millions of years, and they are nothing if not survivors.”
Southern and Gulf Coast United States have a lot of mosquitos, but not that many scorpions. There are no mosquitos in Iceland, but even Iceland can’t guarantee you can avoid scorpions there.
There are Many, Many Ways to Avoid Scorpions
It’s fascinating to watch, but Scorpion Hunters’ video about finding scorpions doesn’t offer ways to avoid scorpions permanently. There’s another video that shares how to kill scorpions: beat them to death with a heavy shoe. That will kill one but won’t stop its friends and neighbors from visiting your house.
One woman said she found a scorpion in her kitchen sink and decided to drown it with a torrential water flow from the faucet. The scorpion held on for what seemed like an endless amount of time, so she turned on the hot water. “I think I boiled it before it let go, and I’m still not sure I got rid of it. I’m a little nervous in the kitchen, now.”
9 Creative Ways to Manage Household Scorpions
Here are creative ways to avoid scorpion infestations. Some of them actually work. But none of them will help you completely avoid scorpions and all of them are temporary fixes:
- Boric acid – Toddlers learn by putting things into their mouths. Adults would have to eat a lot of boric acid to get sick, but small children and pets aren’t worth the risk.
- Bring a dog or cat into the house – This can lead to reducing the number of scorpions inside the house, but it can also lead to a lot of vet visits. After the dog or cat becomes a beloved family member, do you really want it suffering from scorpion stings?
- Cedar/neem oil – You can avoid scorpions by applying natural, nontoxic cedar or neem oil in and around your home. You can buy neem oil by the gallon, but it will take a lot of gallons to treat your foundation. No one knows how long it takes for the oils to work or how long it will be before they stop working.
- Critter catchers – Similar to the trash pickup tool, critter catchers are a hand-operated tool to pick up scorpions. First, the scorpion must cooperate and allow itself to be picked up. Then what?
- Diatomaceous earth – You and your family will need to wear painters’ masks until you’re sure the dust has settled.
- Glue traps – You haven’t lived a full life until you’ve untangled a glue trap and a live scorpion from your cat’s fur.
- Humane pest control – There are catch-and-release traps available for scorpions. Good luck with that.
- Plant lavender around the house – This won’t help you avoid scorpions already inside, but it might deter newcomers.
- Turn off your outside lights – Scorpions are attracted to light. But thieves and other evil-doers are attracted to the darkness. Your choice.
Budget Brothers Termite & Pest Elimination Has the ONE Way to Avoid Scorpions: Scorpion Repel
Read all about it: PRNewswire released a November 2020 article about Budget Brothers’ exciting, once-and-for-all scorpion prevention treatment for Phoenix-area property owners.
Budget Brothers’ Scorpion Repel is such a remarkable technology it’s newsworthy.
We may visit you later for other pest control issues, but you won’t have a scorpion problem again. Maybe forever. Contact us today to schedule a guaranteed scorpion prevention application for your home.
For fast, affordable, and effective service, contact us or call Budget Brothers today at 602-253-2495