Imagine, you have a listing for sale and a rodent or other nasty pest comes crawling out right in front of potential buyers. If you’ve been a realtor for any period of time, you probably don’t have to imagine this scenario – it’s happened! Realtors with experience know that part of the listing process involves inspecting the house for pests and rodents. And if you find either one, treating the problem, will sell your listing quicker and make the sellers more likely to refer you.
Signs of a Pest Infestation
If you find rodent droppings in crawl spaces, basements, or other hidden locations, it’s a sure sign that the unwanted furry creatures are present.
Carpenter ants leave tell-tale wood shavings around baseboards and other areas.
While you may not consider yourself qualified to examine the home for pests, Budget Brothers can help. Calling us to inspect and treat the home will help you close the sale faster and for top dollar.
We will examine the home and show you and the homeowner anything we find.
Common Pests Found in Arizona
Here is a list of pests you may find when inspecting a home for your buyers or seller. You can use this list when advising new clients who want to list their home with you. In Phoenix, AZ you should check every home for signs of these pests.
- Bark Scorpions – These nocturnal creatures like to hide around the foundation of a home in crevices and cracks. Their sting causes pain, swelling, and potentially more serious symptoms.
- Ticks and Fleas – Brown dog ticks, and fleas hop on animals and people and are carried inside a house. They multiply quickly, bite animals and visitors, and carry diseases.
- Bed Bugs – Bed bugs require professional treatment to ensure they are gone. Have your sellers talk to us about an inspection and treatment. Ask them to get rid of old mattresses and to keep their suitcases off the floor when they travel.
- Tarantulas – This scary looking, but common pest will bite if provoked. If you or a homeowner notice them in the house, call Budget Brothers Termite & Pest immediately.
- Cockroaches – Around Phoenix and Tucson, you can find German and Brown Banded roaches. Avoid an infestation by keeping the clean house, get rid of clutter, clean up any water leaks, and have us come to the home for cockroach treatment.
- Termites – These are some of the most destructive and deceptive pests in the Phoenix area. They are silent and by the time you find them, they may have already done a significant amount of damage to the home or property. Budget Brothers Termite has over 25 years experience treating and removing these pests from Phoenix homes.
- Bees – Definitely not a do it your self treatment. If you discover a hive on a property, advise them to call us to remove these stinging insects.
- Rodents – Droppings, sounds in the wall or ceiling, and actually seeing the creature on a property, are all signs of a rodent infestation. Keep your buyers and sellers happy by treating for these pests before you start showing the home.
Eliminating Pests for Realtors
A pest control company should provide a quick response to a realtors call for help. They should have flexible hours, to ensure the property is ready for a showing. If you have a buyer, it is important to schedule a home inspection and termite inspection at the same time. As a responsible realtor, you need a partner who can help treat any pest related issues for your clients.
We specialize in eliminating termites, bees, bed bugs, and pigeons. We also provide general pest control services to get rid of spiders, silverfish, ants, and rodents. Contact Budget Brothers today and work with a trusted pest control company to keep your clients happy and referring you more business.