Choosing an insect pest control company can be difficult. You will be entrusting a company and employees with the health and well-being of your family. Your pest management professionals will also be a partner in protecting what is probably your most valuable asset – your home.
Ask these 5 questions when you’re meeting with residential insect control professionals. You’ll find the right pest control company for your property:
1. Can You Provide Me With Information About The Materials And Amounts Used?
Application materials and the amounts used vary depending on:
- Type of pests
- Infestation maturity and size
- Location(s) in or outside your home that will be treated
A knowledgeable insect pest control company representative should be able to explain your specific treatment and any known risks.
If your pest control representative claims to have “a secret formula” for dealing with infestations, that’s a red flag. Move on to another prospective company.
2. Do You Have References?
The testimonials page is one of the most frequently visited website pages for many businesses. Outside reviews are especially valuable: Your local insect pest control company should have at least a 4-star rating with the BBB (Better Business Bureau). You can also check out the top ten business review websites to learn more.
3. How long have you been in business?
You should select a pest control company the way you do any other service: Look for quality and value. –EPA.gov
Not to discount startups, but companies that survive the longest are those delivering quality services at competitive prices. Working successfully for many years is a true measure of any services industry. It takes time for an insect pest control company to lower overhead expenses and become more competitive.
4. Will My Insect Pest Control Company Professional Be Certified And Licensed?
Phoenix-area pest control companies should hold active PMD (Pest Management Division) licenses. Request their license numbers and expiration dates. The company technicians serving you should be certified handlers of pesticide materials.
5. Will My Pest Control Professional Be A Licensed Applicator Or A Licensed Technician?
The answer is “yes.” Licensed technicians with an Arizona insect pest control company must be under the direct supervision of a licensed pesticide applicator.
Insect Pest Control Company Warning Signs
If your chain-store pest control specialist “just transferred” from the Midwest, ask about his or her Arizona on-the-job experience. Our neighbors in Illinois don’t face the same pest problems we deal with every day in Arizona.
Here are additional warning signs to watch for when evaluating a Maricopa County pest control company:
- Bundle services like tree-trimming or roof inspection (You want a pest control company that specializes in…pest control.)
- Can’t back-up claims to be “green” or eco-friendly
- Can’t find the company’s Arizona PMD License
- Claims to be endorsed by the Department of Agriculture or the EPA (Government agencies don’t “endorse” private organizations.)
- Doesn’t quite know how many gallons of materials will be needed…but charges per-gallon
- Drives a beat-up van and looks unprofessional
- No website presence
- Says your neighbor has a pest infestation and suggests you and other neighbors may need to treat their homes
- Shows up uninvited, claims to be able to offer a “terrific deal” on pesticide treatment using leftover materials from a nearby job
Budget Brothers Termite & Pest Elimination: Phoenix Top-Rated Pest Removal
Budget Brothers Termite and Pest Elimination of Phoenix rates a 4.5-star rating on Google. Integrity and pride in work are just 2 of the reasons we are a Phoenix-area go-to for a dependable, efficient insect pest control.
We know what we’re doing, and we want to do it right. For quality and value, contact us for pest elimination.
For fast, affordable, and effective service, contact us or call Budget Brothers today at 602-253-2495